AccueilVoyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 VideVoyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 VideDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020]

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 2 Nov 2020 - 19:02

Naudirasley a écrit:
Tiens la date de l'artbook a été avancée. J'avais vu le 4 décembre quand je l'ai ajouté à ma liste.

Après recherches, il semble que les 2 dates coexistent. Le 4 décembre étant celle affichée sur les sites UK (et donc pour toute l'Europe? C'est en tout cas la même date sur Amazon.fr). Mais il sera bien disponible dès le 17 novembre (du coté US notamment).

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Banniz12
Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney

Naudirasley et claire17 aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.chroniquedisney.fr/
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 2 Nov 2020 - 22:48

Glen Keane évoque son envie de voir le fim arriver sur grand écran, ayant été prévu également pour une exploitation 3D, et son prochain film.

Citation :
Director Glen Keane on the Importance of ‘Over the Moon’ – Exclusive Interview
written by A. Felicia Wade October 29, 2020

Legendary animator Glen Keane spent four decades with Disney. He is best known for his work on The Little Mermaid, Tarzan, and Tangled to name a few. After leaving the studio, his directorial work on Kobe Bryant’s Dear Basketball won him the Oscar for Best Animated Short. It’s not often that a Disney legend branches off into uncharted territory. Fans of Keane were awaiting for what could come next. Finally, he’s made his directorial animated feature debut with Over the Moon in partnership with Pearl Studios and Netflix.

Over the Moon is a rare feat within the world of animation: a big-budget feature deeply rooted in Chinese culture that is also supported by an all Asian voice cast. The story follows Fei Fei, a young girl who uses her cunning wit to literally fly to the moon in search of the Moon Goddess Chang’e. There is more to the moon than meets the eye for Fei Fei discovers Lunaria, an Oz-like technicolor city where Chang’e rocks its inhabitants with her K-pop style ballads. Taking place during the Mid-Autumn Festival, “it’s beautiful to see this beloved holiday at the core of a children’s film similar to Día de los Muertos and Pixar’s Coco.” Though similar to that film, its international culture was brought to life with the great help of non-POC artists (director Glen Keane and the late screenwriter Audrey Wells in this instance).

Thankfully, the duo took on this project with great precision and used their influence to lift more Asian voices behind the scenes. We were fortunate enough to get a taste of this process with director Glen Keane himself. We talk about his transition from animator to full-fledged director and with a career as grand as his, the insight and lessons from Over the Moon are nothing short of rich. We also got a slight hint on what animated project he may be working on next!

It’s an honor to sit and speak with you. I actually attended one of your exhibitions at the Walt Disney Family Museum. It was called Make Believe and it featured your art throughout the years: Ariel, Aladdin, that whole mix.

GK: Gosh, what a wonderful opportunity that was to dig into all of my past archives and bring them all out. That was fun.

As a Disney legend, how did you take all of that experience in choosing Over the Moon as your first animated feature film to direct?

GK: Well, if your career is like a mountain, I’m at the peak. And doing this movie, I felt like everything underneath me was leading to this. For me, it’s about these characters that believe the impossible is possible. Ariel, of course, is like the epitome of that. But Fei Fei is another step beyond because it’s not a fairytale. She’s real. What I find so fascinating is animating the moment of discovery in a character. It’s something that I’m always drawn to, the eyes of a character and seeing how a character feels. I was taught, “Glen, don’t animate what the character’s doing, animate with the character’s thinking and feeling.” This is what my mentors just really drilled into me.

It’s part science and then her mom. It’s her mind and her heart together. All throughout this film, I wanted to make sure that was the thing we were always going to be returning to – experiencing all of this discovery that’s happening through Fei Fei. That was really the culmination of my career, to be able to bring all of that in Fei Fei, Chang’e, and all the characters in this film.

I love how powerful Fei Fei is and how independent she is. I wish I had a character like her growing up, and the sequence where she sings Rocket to the Moon is beautiful. I read that it was your decision to make the film into a musical. What about this story influenced you to make that call?

GK: As I was reading the script, it was not written as a musical, but the moments felt like news would lift you. There was so much emotion and desire in the script. I kept thinking of Howard Ashman and how he would take those moments and launch the story forward in a song. There are points in the movie where you can tell something more powerfully through song. The emotions of making the moon cakes, the family, the feeling, the joy and the fun of that together, and then the loss of her mom. Music comes in the back door and lifts your emotions – makes you feel in a way that nothing else can. Like in Rocket to the Moon, about a third into it, Fei Fei realizes that she’s got to build a rocket to the moon and she sings it, and then you follow it through, she’s reaching for the moon by the end of it.

I just loved the way that music could launch everything forward. I talked to Peilin [Chou] and Audrey [Wells] afterward about the possibility of this being a musical instead. I believed that songs were really needed. Both of their eyes just lit up like, “Yes, of course!’ I realized, well, that was already kind of embedded in the DNA of this story. Also, Audrey worked even just months before she passed away to make those songs work because we were adjusting the architecture of the story in order to do that.

There are so many influences of what Audrey was going through, and after knowing that, it makes the film hit even more. You visited China during the making of the film and Producer Peilin Chou gave you a tour while you were there. How important to you was it to honor the culture that Over the Moon was inspired by?

GK: You know, the things that you’re hit with are the things that you don’t know. In my first meeting with the designers at Pearl Studio in Shanghai, we sat down in a little conference room and I asked them to tell me about themselves. I thought the artists were going to talk about what art school they went to and training. Instead, the first one said, “Well, I’m from the Northern area of China and we have a flat long noodle. That’s the kind of noodle that we really like.” Then the next one talked about their noodle in the Southern area. I was like, what? I mean, I would never start talking about the food that I was connected with as an artist, but for them, food represented a shared life together. That deep generational connection, thousands of years connecting them, even just the respect they showed to people older than them.

The depth of that culture really hit me and everything that I saw, smelled, tasted, touched, heard – these were the things that I really wanted to be in the beginning and end of the movie, as we went to that little town in China. We’re going to follow Fei Fei’s journey and how she relates to her family sitting around that table, as I sat around. I was touched by their frankness, their honesty, and the way they showed love. It was absolutely a wonderful education. Something I knew was that I would not be telling an American view of this story. I needed to go and marinate myself in this culture. In my office, I had a monitor on my wall. I called it my window to the world and I was constantly talking to our team in China, as well as other teams around the world that were all working on this movie.

Yes, even the art on the food was so detail-oriented – the mooncakes, the bok choy, crabs, everything, you can see how central food is to the film. Now Over the Moon tackles many themes of love and loss, which feels extremely poignant to what’s going on now in the world. With this timely streaming release, seeing as many theaters are still closed… What other advantages do you see your film having on Netflix?

GK: Well, lots of different ways I can answer that! But someone once asked me, “Glen, do you feel as if you love people through your animation?” I said, no, I don’t think so. I mean, I am animating and I’m obsessed with it. I have to push it away to spend time with my family who I love and it’s more of a competition. He said, “I really think that you should rethink that… I think that you do, you touch people through your animation and that’s love.” So I really thought about that and in a lot of ways that this was going to be an opportunity as well for Audrey to touch not only the world but her daughter – that was constantly in my mind. It’s important how the film is experienced. Netflix is streaming in the home, in the living room with people that are sitting on the couch.

This is where life is lived. There’s something very intimate about it. On another note, yes, we’ve designed a film that is to be seen in 3D with glasses as well. The utmost sound, everything is ready for a big movie theater. My hope is that the world opens up and that this movie can then be seen that way. But there is nothing that will get in the way of touching people’s souls and hearts, seeing it in the living room and streaming with Netflix. I’m blessed that this movie is being presented to the world this way.

It’s definitely going to reach a lot of people this way, especially on Netflix and considering the circumstances. Do you plan on directing more animated films after this?

GK: Yes. As I said, this is kind of a culmination for me and my career building up to this. But, I love drawing. That’s what I do. I directed this movie on my animation desk. I drew more for this movie than any movie I’ve ever worked on. Every shot of this film has my drawings in it, to the designs of the characters. It’s the way that I communicate. Working with Guo Pei, the Costume Designer in China, she could not speak English and I couldn’t speak Chinese, but we could speak through drawing and we would. She had these wonderful gestures with her hands that I could mimic while I’m guiding the animation. Drawing those beautiful lines of actions over the top of the animation, so that Dave Smith and Sasha at Sony in inventory could capture the same thing, the feelings that were so rhythmic and important for Chang’e to have that kind of beautiful movement.

When can we expect to see your next directorial effort?

GK: I was developing a project before Peilin approached me. Jenny Rim, my producer, and I were already heading down the path to do a different film. But this one came up. I like to believe that some of the best things in life are gifts. The things that you don’t work for, that are given. You work as hard as you can, but who could have predicted Kobe [Bryant] asking me to animate or Over the Moon coming? Now that we’re done, that project is beginning to percolate, but who knows? I’m always living my life open, believing and trusting that something wonderful is coming. And I just don’t know quite what it is yet. So yes, I’m working on another movie to direct.

That’s exciting to hear! You can also tell that this was such a collaborative project, which brings me to my final question. Again, what a beautiful film and now I’m hoping that you and your team get awards recognition. Has this been on your mind?

GK: You’re not the first one to say that! I will not live for that moment, but I would love to see recognition given to this film. I’ve never worked on a film that touched me as deeply. And I’ve worked on films that have touched me deeply. There’s something about this one that feels like a way of touching the world. And at a time – the benefit of COVID is that we all have a shared experience that goes deeper than any political thing and every country in the world knows the pain. The message in this movie, of what Fei Fei goes through and she says, “I just want things to go back to the way they were.” We don’t go back. We go forward. I’m learning that lesson now. I’ve realized how much I just want to go back, but no, we have to move forward. The way Fei Fei moves forward with Chang’e, they see somebody else in pain and they help each other. That’s what is happening in the world right now. How we all share that together, no matter what country, no matter what political thing, that’s a common bond. I think the world is going to be a much richer, stronger place in the future, but we have to move forward to it.

Source : https://discussingfilm.net/2020/10/29/director-glen-keane-on-the-importance-of-over-the-moon-exclusive-interview/

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney
Dash
Administrateur
Dash

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 3 Nov 2020 - 3:27

En France, ce ne sera pas facile de le voir en 3D légalement, je pense. Netflix ne sort jamais de film au cinéma, idem pour les Blu-ray 3D.
Mais bon, croisons les doigts !

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Tumblr10
Disneyland Paris : déc. 1997/avr. 1998/juil. 1999/avr. 2005/aoû. 2005/oct. 2005/fév. 2006/avr. 2006 - Cast Member 2006-2011 - visites régulières jusqu'à aujourd'hui
Walt Disney World Resort : nov. 2008/mai 2011/fév.-mars 2018/sep. 2019/oct. 2022
Disneyland Resort : sep. 2009/mai 2013/nov. 2015/août 2019/déc. 2023
Tokyo Disney Resort : juin 2015/avr. 2016
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort : mars 2016
Shanghai Disney Resort : mai 2016 / juin 2016 / juil. 2016
Disney Cruise Line : mars 2018 (Disney Dream) / sep. 2019 (Disney Fantasy) / oct. 2022 (Disney Wish) / nov. 2023 (Disney Magic) / sep. 2024 (Disney Wonder)
https://linktr.ee/david.scordia
isanka
Modérateur
isanka

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mer 4 Nov 2020 - 9:28

Pareil, J'ai bien aimé, mais je n'ai pas adoré.
Mais regarder cela dans le noir total hier soir c'était juste sublime.
Surtout qu'il y a pas mal de référence à mon voyage en Chine l'année dernière. Je trouve que le village ressemble beaucoup à Qibao Ancient Town à Shanghai.

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 K-vb-511Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Letter133 X Anaheim (2014-2018-2022)
1 X Hong Kong (2019)
1 X Shanghai (2019)
1 X Tokyo (2016)
5 X Walt Disney World (2013-2015-2016-2020-2022-2024)

Instagram
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 9 Nov 2020 - 18:18

Kyle Hanagami, chorégrapheur du film (et oui, les animateurs ont besoin de références), a préparé un petit tuto pour apprendre la danse de Chang'e :

Et du coté des vidéos en français (ou du moins sous-titrées en français) :

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Dim 22 Nov 2020 - 20:03

Comment aborder la conception d'un personnage ? Où trouver l'inspiration pour créer un univers d'animation ?  
A l'occasion de la sortie de son film d'animation Voyage vers la Lune, Glen Keane répond aux questions des étudiants des Gobelins :

MadEye et Naudirasley aiment ce message

L'Oncle Walt

L'Oncle Walt

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 14 Déc 2020 - 17:27

Interview de Jeanne Jerosme où elle revient sur son doublage de Chang'e pour les parties chantées.

Les adultes sont juste des enfants qui ont grandi.

Brozen aime ce message

https://www.senscritique.com/Walter-Mouse
Naudirasley
Modératrice
Naudirasley

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 18 Jan 2021 - 0:44

J'ai reçu il y a quelques temps l'artbook. Je ne l'ai pas encore lu, mais il est visuellement joli !

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 20210113

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Heroin14
Ma collection : ici
Mes ventes et recherches : ici
Cast Member : 20/12/17 - 07/01/18 °o° 20/10/18 - 04/11/18 °o° 15/12/18 - 06/01/19
Mon compte Insta : ici / Mon groupe Aladdin sur Facebook : ici

Well et Flounder69 aiment ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 2 Fév 2021 - 21:40

Over The Moon a remporté deux prix du Festival international d'animation de Palm Springs : Best Animated Film et Best Animated Music Video (pour "Ultraluminary").

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 14593410

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 14557710

Il est également nommé dans les catégories Outstanding Animated Motion Picture des NAACP Image Awards et Best Motion Picture - Animated aux Golden Globes:

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 14577410

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 14604511

Naudirasley et Brozen aiment ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mer 3 Mar 2021 - 23:57

Le film est nommé dans 6 catégories aux Annie Awards :

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 15659210

Naudirasley et Brozen aiment ce message

Lunéo

Lunéo

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 4 Mar 2021 - 9:37

Je ne savais même pas qu'il était déjà dispo sur Netflix Shocked

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Mecfil10
Lunéo

Lunéo

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 4 Mar 2021 - 23:03

J'ai bien aimé mais sans plus, les animations sont tops mais la deuxième partie est un peut trop fouillis.
Il y a en effet de nombreuses références au folk chinois/asiatique comme les lapins lunaires etc...

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Mecfil10
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 16 Mar 2021 - 19:52

Le film est nommé aux Oscars dans la catégorie Meilleur Film d'Animation :

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 16064610

Glen Keane Productions a écrit:
What a dream come true for Over the Moon to be recognized by the Academy today! We share this incredible honor with our entire cast and crew, who came together during this highly unusual time, to create something truly beautiful. We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to share Fei Fei's extraordinary journey of love, loss, and healing with the world. We are also forever indebted to our screenwriter and friend, the late Audrey Wells, for entrusting us with this most precious love letter to her daughter. We hope our film moves and inspires those who may be trying to find their own way, and helps to make our world feel a little smaller and more connected. On behalf of the entire Over the Moon family, a huge thank you to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for this recognition! - Glen, Gennie, & Peilin

Dash et Naudirasley aiment ce message

Dash
Administrateur
Dash

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 16 Mar 2021 - 21:47

Content pour l'équipe !

Le fait que la chanson "Rocket to the Moon" n'ait même pas été intégrée dans la shortlist pré-nominations est quand même invraisemblable !

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020] - Page 2 Tumblr10
Disneyland Paris : déc. 1997/avr. 1998/juil. 1999/avr. 2005/aoû. 2005/oct. 2005/fév. 2006/avr. 2006 - Cast Member 2006-2011 - visites régulières jusqu'à aujourd'hui
Walt Disney World Resort : nov. 2008/mai 2011/fév.-mars 2018/sep. 2019/oct. 2022
Disneyland Resort : sep. 2009/mai 2013/nov. 2015/août 2019/déc. 2023
Tokyo Disney Resort : juin 2015/avr. 2016
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort : mars 2016
Shanghai Disney Resort : mai 2016 / juin 2016 / juil. 2016
Disney Cruise Line : mars 2018 (Disney Dream) / sep. 2019 (Disney Fantasy) / oct. 2022 (Disney Wish) / nov. 2023 (Disney Magic) / sep. 2024 (Disney Wonder)

Naudirasley aime ce message

https://linktr.ee/david.scordia

Voyage vers la Lune [Netflix/Pearl Studio - 2020]
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2